Saturday, April 14, 2012
An Apple A Day
You know the saying "An apple a day will keep the doctor away"...I sure hope thats true because Delilah has been eating them nonstop lately. I was making my husband Ben's lunch this morning and went to cut some fruit to package up and Miss Dmae (her nickname) shows up and I know what she's looking for...her sweet fuji apples. Don't get me wrong, she loves all food...especially the "junk food" but I'm happy she's loving apples right now...she can't seem to get enough of them. Apples are very nutritious for your dogs health just like it is for us, but be aware! I always cut the pit and seeds out before feeding her, because the seeds contain cyanide which can be poisoness to dogs and humans! Unfortunately, Cosmo has lost his taste for apples...he used to love them as a puppy. However he loves strawberries and watermelon:) And Lacey, the Princess prefers cupcakes to ANY fruit. Well, I better get to the grocery store today because Delilah has cleaned us out on apples!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it is wonderful that Dmae likes apples. Thank you for the note about the seeds of an apple. I didn't know that. Looking forward to your next post:).
ReplyDeleteGreat tip on the apple...I must wonder about those juicing companies that say throw the whole thing in, skin, seeds & all. I have not really thought about giving my Maggie fruit, but why shouldn't we give them fruit? Hopefully she will like some :)
ReplyDelete