Monday, April 16, 2012

Lacey Lou's Birthday

Lacey turned 7 this past week and we celebrated her birthday on Sunday. On every one of our pup's birthdays I make them homemade peanut butter cookies and a doggy cake. No sugar of course! I swear they know the smells when its baking in the oven and can't wait to chow down on their birthday treats. Lacey is very special to my husband Ben and I because she was the first furry baby we adopted together. She has been through everything with us...even moved into our first apartment with us. Although, she was a puppy at the time, I regret moving to the 3rd floor because Lacey decided that she wouldn't walk up stairs until she was about 6 months old! And carrying a Great Pyrenees puppy up 3 flights was NOT easy! But that's why we call her Princess. I know some people may think its crazy celebrating a dog's birthday, but they are very special to us and if you have a dog, you understand...they are our children:) I will post a picture of Lacey with her Birthday cake. I got the recipes from the "Three Dog's Bakery" cookbook and I make the same cake for every birthday...its a hit! In fact, I think I may give them another piece right now.

2 comments:

  1. Lacey Lou knows she is a princess:)What a great birthday she had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lacey! Great ladies are born in April ;o)

    ReplyDelete