Friday, April 13, 2012

This is all new to me

Well, this is my first post and I'm not sure where to start. Its definetely a Newfie life lately in our house. Our baby girl Delilah has been through some health issues the past couple of weeks, but she is gradually getting better. Thank God because we have been very worried for her. She was diagnosed with Immune-medicated hemolytic anemia...which basically means her body eats her red blood cells...pretty crazy but she's on a good amount of medication and things are looking up. A week and a half ago, I was a mess...she needed a blood transfusion and was in the hospital for several days. I'm so grateful to have found amazing specialists in our area who are supposedly the best in Florida. But enough of all this sad stuff! Delilah would want me to tell you how she is loving all the attention and all the extra treats she's been receiving:) I'm planning on linking some videos on here of the crazy things our dogs are up to. Like the fact that Cosmo honestly thinks he's a lizard hunter. I've thought about starting him an ad for those with lizard infestations;)...he can start paying rent! Also, some videos of the Newfs swimming. If you've never heard of a Newfie, well they are quite obsessed with the water...ever since they were pups digging at their water dish. On another note, I'm 13 weeks pregnant...so not only do I have 3 giant dogs...I'm starting to think of what my life will be like with a baby and my furry children. So, I will update you all on how it all goes through the pregnancy and so on. This should be fun:/ Right? Well, that's all for the day. Time to go water the plants...if I can get Delilah's mouth out of the way of the hose!

3 comments:

  1. Send Lacey out to pull the weeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa I am so happy that you have started a blog about your Newfies. Also, I am glad that Delilah is getting better:). I look forward to your next entry.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! I look forward to hearing of all your furry baby's shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete